2019 is looking HUGE for everything. The MCU is wrapping up (sort of), the final part of the new Star Wars trilogy will be out, Game of Throne is coming back (and ending). With all that and so many other things coming our way, it’s hard to narrow down my picks for the year, but i’ve tried.
- IT Chapter 2. After the fantastic first one, i was already super hyped to see what they did next but then they announce the unbelievably great cast and the hype went into overdrive. With some of the stills that have leaked online as well, it looks like this is gonna be special!
- Godzilla 2, King of the Monsters. HAVE YOU SEEN THE TRAILERS?! This looks immense and has a truly amazing cast list. I quite enjoyed the last one but many people complained that there wasn’t enough monster action, it looks very much like that complaint has been dealt with.
- Glass. Split was a surprise hit when it release a couple of years back but as good as it was, the biggest shock was the revelation that it was actually a sequel to Unbreakable and then a third movie was announced and i just about exploded. The trailer continued to create a buzz and now we’re little more than a few days from it’s release and i’m not ready!!
- Avengers: Endgame. Going into this one is weird. With the exception of a few “meh” movies, the MCU has continued to produce exceptional content but i’ll admit, i’m a little concerned about this one. Just how do you follow up Infinity War? I still believe it will be great but can it really match what came before (ps, IW was far superior to BP)
- Game of Thrones, Season 8. By the old gods and the new, what even is there to say about this show? The first book was released 23 years ago this summer and it’s felt like that long since we watched the fall of the Wall in the Season 7 Finale. Who will live? Who will die? And who, if anyone, will sit on the Iron Throne?
- Stranger Things, Season 3. This show has been nothing short of fantastic, establishing a very deep world in what is really quite a short episode count. The characters are easily the best part but that doesn’t mean the story is lacking at all. The show also brought Millie Bobby Brown, Finn Wolfhard and David Harbour to the mainstream attention and the two kids look set for very, very big things (they also feature in my movie list!!!)
- Black Mirror, Season 5. This show!! With some of the greatest TV moments ever (probably article worthy material itself) and some truly terrifying concepts, this show is as intriguing as it is brilliant. Bandersnatch was a cool concept and good stop gap, but we need our full BM dosage. It was recently announced that season 5 had been pushed back but will still release in 2019.
- Gears 5. I’ve been a huge fan of this series for as long as i can remember and it was playing Gears 2 with my flatmate that actually prompted me to buy an Xbox 360 over a PS3. I really enjoyed 4 and thought it did well enough to establish new characters, while still tying nicely into the older games but did leave a lot of questions needing answered and the trailer only posed more questions!
- Rage 2. This was a game i never thought would materialize. I really enjoyed the first game but it seemed like this project was dead in the water before Bethesda surprised us all with the announcement trailer last year. I’m very excited to see where they go next with this intriguing world!
- Metro Exodus. I haven’t had a chance to play Last Light yet (i do have the Redux) but 2033 was one of my favourite games of the last generation. I’m a sucker for survival/stealth games and a post-apocalyptic setting, these games were made for me.
- Resident Evil 2. REmake 2 is something many people have been craving for a long time and now it’s nearly here. Unlike many of my friends, i never had a chance to play the originals growing up but now, i’m finally gonna get to see why this game is held in such high regard!
- Crash Team Racing. IT’S CRASH TEAM RACING!! CTR is better than Mario Kart. There’s nothing else to say.
- Honourable mention: Anthem. Billed as the successor to Mass Effect but comes in a time when gamers have had their trust shaken *glares at Bethesda*. Many still haven’t forgiven Bioware for ME3 (i liked it) and then everything that happened when Andromeda launched seemed to kill the franchise. This game looks pretty, but seems to fall into the same trap as a lot of other franchises at the moment; focusing on an “online cooperation”. Will definitely not be picking this up early!
You can find me on most places by searching: Kezijin.